Friday, March 05, 2010

Cliche

Cliche [klee shay]
noun

1.overused expression: a phrase or word that has lost its original effectiveness or power from overuse

2. overused idea: an overused activity or notion

Source: Encarta Dictionary

The most common cliche I use is every thing happens for a reason.

In my own language, some cliches are psychological subconscious defense mechanisms in which a person is having a strong belief that a certain notion is true. When things go wrong, I would always believe that it happens for a reason, when a door closes, the windows will open, regardless if that event happened because of my own stupidity or because it is how it is destined to happen. I am not really completely convince that there is a good reason behind any horrible event, I am just open to possibilities that maybe there are really good reasons. BASTA LANG. XD

So far, using this defense mechanism is quite effective, nasty situations can't easily break me nor make me less person, It makes me feel better.