Wednesday, January 06, 2010

BackFlash! December 2008

I love to volunteer. Isa ito sa mga pinakakinagigiliwang trip =)

Last December 2008, the Community Extension Service – Volunteer Service Providers (CES-VSP), one of our school's organizations conducted a Christmas party for street children entitled “Kasadya, Ikaw at ako, magkasama sa pasko”. Since most of them never experienced Christmas party before, It was a good way to share our blessings.


Gawin ko na siyang Bida. =) This is my boy, can’t remember his name though. I am so poor on remembering names, pwede mag sorry? Anyway, when the emcee asked the kids to chose an ate or kuya as a partner in a game (a term used as a respect for persons older than you), this kid literally dragged me in the middle of the court. I really had fun with him. Since he was so energetic, I allowed him to get down and dirty during the games.Hehe. I was confident that we will win. After the game, a friend of mine gave him a cap. He was so ecstatic! I took this photo. Naks! artistahin na bata.


Here’s a video of the games we had. We played all they long! Find me!



Here's another game. She must break the pot using the wood that she's holding. Instead the pot were candies, coins, and toys.


Kids also shared their talents. Singing. Dancing even acting. There was also a time when they asked us to dance with them. I love to see people dancing but I really can’t dance. I was force to do it with them though, trust me it was very awful, considered as one of my most embarrassing experience. Yay!


That guy in green (photo above) is my good friend Ed, the Organization's President.

Morning Snack. Lunch. Afternoon Snack. Food! We love that of course!


Bunch of Kids! Mga Bulilit, bulilit ang kukulit! :D




Them + me = :) I Looked wasted in the photo lah. Grabe kasi ang bonding namin.


The Kuyas and Ates. Maayong Pasko!


Last Christmas, I was supposed to help my friend’s Christmas Party. Her family annually throws a party during Christmas and invites some less fortunate children. I was not able to go since I went to our province. Sayang! Hmm.. I’ll make sure I will be able to help next time. Lingaw na experience. Nalingaw sad unta mo sa pagbasa!